Introducing the Bureau of Justice Affairs’s Strategic Plan (About BJA)
BJA is pleased to announce the release of its Strategic Plan for fiscal years 2013–2016. The plan is based on one overarching guiding principle:
Reduce crime, recidivism, and unnecessary confinement, and promote a safe and fair criminal justice system.
Recognizing the need to be innovative, yet evidence-based and results-driven, BJA will focus on five major strategic areas:
1. Reduction of violent crime, the improvement of community safety, and support for public safety officers.
2. Reduction of recidivism and prevention of unnecessary confinement.
3. Integration of evidence-based, research-driven strategies into the day-to-day operations of BJA and the programs BJA administers and supports.
4. Increasing program effectiveness with a renewed emphasis on data analysis, information sharing, and performance management.
5. Ensuring organizational excellence.
To learn more about the specific goals and strategies that will guide the efforts of the Bureau of Justice Assistance in the future, read the full plan at www.bja.gov/About/BJAStrategicPlan.pdf.