VERY IMPORTANT REENTRY BILL IN SENATE PSM
TUESDAY, MARCH 11th
If you would like to send testimony, please go to: www.capitol.hawaii.gov
- Sign in at the top.
- Click on the “Submit Testimony” icon.
- Type the Bill number in the box and click on “Submit.”
- Click on “support” or “oppose”
- Click on “Individual” (unless you are a bonafide Organization)
- Add comments if you wish or attach written testimony from your browser Click on “Next”
- Check small box at the bottom
- Press Submit again and you will get a “Successful” message
- A copy of your testimony will be emailed back to you.
COMMITTEE ON PUBLIC SAFETY, INTERGOVERNMENTAL AND MILITARY AFFAIRS
Sen. Will Espero, Chair
Sen. Rosalyn Baker, Vice Chair
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
SUPPORT HB 2363 HD2 – REENTRY PROGRAMMING FOR NONVIOLENT DRUG OFFENDERS
HB 2363 HD2 RELATING TO PUBLIC SAFETY. PBS, JUD, FIN
Provides systematic reentry programming for nonviolent, low-risk drug offenders by establishing the Reentry Pilot Project for Nonviolent, Low-risk Drug Offenders. Effective July 1, 2020, and repealed on June 30, 2016. (HB2363 HD2)
CAP POSITION: SUPPORT
Here for CAP Testimony
- This is an investment in social capital to build safe, just, and healthy communities for Hawai`i’s families
- Reducing our imprisoned population by providing more and better community services to directly address the most common pathway to crime is a sound social policy
- Hawai`i’s Reentry law (353H, HRS) passed in 2007 has never been implemented and HB 2363 HD2 is the first movement to put the law into practice