Sorry that our posts have been sketchy lately. Life has been amazingly busy. Just a sample of what CAP has been working on:
- Keynote Speech at 2015 Social Advocacy Conference – 9.23
- Ongoing review of Penal Code’s Chapter 706 – full meetings and subcommittee meetings
- Preparing for October 9th Panel at UH Medical School on Health Impacts regarding incarcerated persons returning to committee
- Preparing remarks for sermon at Church of the Crossroads on 11.22
- Researching/bill drafting for 2016 session
So life has been a little crazy, but incredibly interesting. Our work is really to bring the message of overcriminalization to as many communities as possible and gain more allies in different sectors of the community.